We often perceive negativity something that affects you externally, like an infection that you catch from the negative energy spread around you. But more often than not negativity is something that comes from inside us. It’s about how we respond to the hullabaloo of happenings around us.
1. Keep it simple : Don’t clog you brain worrying about vague fears. Those what ifs swirling around our minds are the biggest setbacks to you achieving what you want. It is indisputable that many things can go wrong but it is equally likely that they may not. So stop fearing the unknown and sulking about hindrances that have not surfaced yet . Believe me it’s worse than counting your chickens before they hatch.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”. ~Anais Nin
2. Don’t be envious of other people’s success : when everybody around you is busy in their lives and one is left behind it feels like the world is closing on you. Well try to put that envy behind you. Things might not be okay for you right now but they soon will be. Think that everyone around you is just in their own time zones. The sun will rise for you too when the time comes. So next time when you see someone getting the coveted job or the timely promotion put that envy on hold and appreciate their hard work.
which brings me to the next time, i.e.
3. Appreciate others: believe it or not appreciating others will help you a lot in having a positive attitude towards life. The mere act of telling others that you admire them for the work they do i helps you in believing in yourself and not vying for someone else’s job. The smile that your simple compliment will give you immense satisfaction of making someone’s day and it will also plant positivity into your mind.
4. Take ownership of your decisions : Stop blaming. Halt and think if you are not responsible for the consequences even a little.; If it was the other person exclusively led to it and you had no hand in it.; and lastly if you could have stopped it from happening. If answer to any of these is yes then accept your faults gracefully and try to really feel guilty for them. But remember to never let them stop you from what you can achieve.
“When you think everything is someone else’s fault you will suffer a lot. When you realise that everything springs only from yourself you will learn both peace and joy.” ~ Dalai Lama
5. Accept yourself for who you are: embrace yourself. one’s looks are nothing but a chance of luck; a genetic lottery. Have confidence to accept this and the work you do. One must also respect others for their choices and stop JUDGING. Isn’t it absolutely irritating when people put two and two together construing up stuff that does not exist. However much we hate this happening to us but we all still do it subconsciously to others. Give it a break and soon you will realise how this acceptance will save you from a lot of unnecessary stress just because you stopped judging and making assumptions.
Happiness is the occasional episode win the general drama of pain. ~John Donne
Realise that life is not a bed of roses. In the end it depends upon you to see the sunny side and remain calm even in the middle of a maelstrom.